Running fortnightly from March 4th 2015
Episode 1: Pathways
Upload date: March 4th, 2015
Show Notes: In this launch episode, we speak to a cross-section of music industry professionals, from managers to booking agents, from publicists to journalists, and explore the various journeys that have led them to a career in music. Our guests also supply their best advice for success in the field and has them tackle the notorious saying, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know”, to get insight into the truth behind the trope.
- Anna Bewers, The Agency Group
- Terry Bezer, Team Rock Radio, Scuzz TV
- Ryan Bird, Rock Sound Magazine
- Ray Harkins, No Sleep Records, Peta2
- Evange Livanos, Synergy Artist Management
- Oliver Mitchell, Bedlam Management / Dine Alone Records
- Mike Mowery, Outerloop Management
- Emma Van-Duyts, Public City PR
- Mark Walker, Kilimanjaro
Episode 2: Bands
Upload date: March 18th, 2015
Synopsis: Episode 2 focuses on the beating heart of the music business: the bands themselves. We interviewed members of professional bands Architects (UK), Stray From The Path (USA) and Funeral For A Friend (UK), and joined them in an analytical overview of their most significant creative and business decisions.
- Matt Davies, Vocalist, Funeral For A Friend (UK)
- Tom Searle, Guitarist, Architects (UK)
- Tom Williams, Guitarist, Stray From The Path (USA)
Episode 3: Management
Upload date: April 1st, 2015
Synopsis: In this instalment of the Podcast, we delve into the role of the Artist Manager, one of the music business’ most involved and multi-faceted roles. With the aid of 4 international band managers, we take a look at when bands should get a manager, what essential skills a manager must possess and what key functions they perform in service of their roster. We also look at what qualities managers might look for in an artist, and what common misconceptions come part and parcel with the job.
- Evange Livanos – Synergy Artist Management
- Oliver Mitchell – Bedlam Management
- Mike Mowery – Outerloop Management
- Jamie Osman – Red Light Management
Episode 4: Independent Labels
Upload date: April 22nd, 2015
Synopsis: In this fourth episode of Band Aides we take a look into the world of record labels; independent record labels to be precise, as the major label world is a whole other kettle of fish. In a music buyer economy that has experienced troubled waters of late, is there still a place for record labels? We ask whether the business models are still relevant, when so many tools and technologies exist to aid bands taking a more hands on, DIY approach.
Listen below / Subscribe via iTunes / Subscribe via RSS
Ray Harkins – No Sleep Records
Jamie Osman – Easy Life Recordings
Ian Dickinson – Venn Records
Eric Tobin – Hopeless Records
Details For Episodes 5-10 Coming Soon!